Our Hospital |Artemis Hospital
Transplantation is a existence-changing system. You may need lifestyles-lengthy immunosuppressant medications and careful monitoring. during the transplant technique and beyond,
we partner carefully with donors, recipients, and their referring physicians to gain a seamless continuum of care, at the same time as assisting you and your own family navigate any emotional, financial, and logistical issues you could have. Our transplant teams are right here for you—for existence.
Liver Transplant And GI Institute
Liver Transplant Institute is a multidisciplinary software devoted to the remedy of adults and youngsters with all tiers of liver disease.
We provide complete services, inclusive of diagnostic trying out, scientific remedy, surgical operation, transplantation, and guide.
Our transplantation services are to be had for human beings with superior liver disease who can’t be efficiently treated the usage of different techniques.
We’ve finished extra than 2,000 liver transplants, with consequences that meet or surpass countrywide and regional averages.
Our transplant price (likelihood of having a transplant) a long way exceeds all other applications inside the region main to the bottom risk of loss of life on the waiting list. People come to us from throughout the country and round the arena for our renowned care.
At Liver Transplant Institute, you are ten instances more likely to acquire a liver transplant than at other hospitals within the place, with an average wait time of simply nine months. Our docs use a spread of procedures to provide the best quantity of transplants possible given the constrained deliver of organs.
- Living donor liver transplantation. The Living Donor Liver Transplant (LDLT) software at Liver Transplant Institute is one in every of the biggest and maximum skilled applications in North India, and the handiest one offering laparoscopic donor surgical treatment for most donors.
- Up to one in five of our transplant recipients receives a liver from a dwelling donor. All through dwelling donor liver transplantation, our surgeons remove a portion of a wholesome Living person’s liver for transplantation right into a recipient. The partial liver regenerates, grows and remodels in both the donor and recipient to form two whole, functioning organs.
- Auxiliary liver transplantation. Patients with acute liver failure, commonly due to a medicinal drug overdose or virus, historically have had constrained options. With auxiliary liver transplantation, surgeons connect a portion of a wholesome donor’s liver to a part of a recipient’s diseased liver.
- The donor liver supports the recipient at some stage in recuperation, clearing pollutants and stopping brain injury. If the patient’s personal “native” liver recovers, the donor liver is now not required, anti-rejection medication may be stopped, and the donor liver shrinks.
- Whereas liver transplantation requires sufferers to take immunosuppressant medicines for the rest in their lives, auxiliary transplantation does no longer. Liver Transplant Institute became one of the first institutions to perform this technique, which now accounts for a huge share of liver transplants in kids with acute liver failure and is also an option for a few teens.
Our group has multiplied transplantation for people with:
- Hepatitis C. Our crew has led the improvement and approval of the new all-oral direct acting antiviral sellers in the pre- and submit-transplant placing, stopping recurrence of the virus and on occasion obviating the need for transplant.
- Liver Institute is considered one of only a few institutions to provide transplantation for human beings co-infected with hepatitis C and HIV and participates in the desire act to provide advanced get right of entry to for HIV + sufferers requiring transplantation.
- Most liver cancers. Several clinical trials have yielded methods to lessen the size of tumors, and in so doing, render patients eligible for transplantation. Liver Institute is considered one of very centers that has protocols to transplant most cancers of the bile ducts, and certain uncommon cancers if the liver (eg neuroendocrine tumors) that have high recurrence fees without intensive remedy earlier than transplantation.