About Dr.Giriraj Bora
Dr.Gururaj Bora is one of the biggest name liver transplants. He is the joint director of Liver Transplant and senior consultant of GI surgery at Artemis Hospitals.
He is one of the leading doctors in the liver transplant field. He currently serves in his interest which lies in liver resections and liver translation for liver and kidney transplantation, hepatocellular cancers and pans creating surgery.
His specialization in the liver field helps several patients and helps them to get rid of the suffering of the liver.
He also published several papers in India and He believes in the awareness in the health. He always suggests following the healthy lifestyle.
Education of the Dr.Giriraj Bora
- He took his MBBS degree from the University of the Rajasthan
- He completed his MS degree from the University of the Rajasthan in 2003
- He completed his MCh from GB Pant hospital, Delhi in 2009
- His fellowship in the Liver transplant from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi in 2011
Achievement of Giriraj bora
- Young investor award of the international Liver transplant society in 2013.
- Travel award of the international Liver Transplant society in 2012 at San Francisco, USA.
- Felicitated by The Chief Minister of the Rajasthan for performing the 1st liver transplant in the state.
Specialist Profession About The Dr.Giriraj Bora,
- Liver transplant for liver cancer
- ABO Incompatible liver transplant
- Safe donor surgery in liver transplant
- Ultra lOw Anterior for rectal cancers
- Shunt surgery
Dr.Giriraj bora Hospital details
Director, liver transplantation and HPB GI surgery Artemis Hospitals
Experience and Past working history
- He involved in the more than 1500 surgeries
- Liver transplant and GI surgery- Artemis hospitals, Gurgaon, currently present
- He performed the first liver transplant in the Rajasthan
- Liver Transplant and HPB surgery, Thecenter for the biliary surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, currently working
- credited with both the 1st Living Donor &1st Deceased Donor Liver Transplants in the state
- GI surgery, senior resident – Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- GI surgery, consultant – Jaipur
Cirrhosis of the liver transplantation
When your liver doesn’t work then you need a liver transplant to save your life. It’s also called the hepatic transplantation. In the surgery, the surgeon removes the whole liver and then replaced with the healthy donor. Healthy liver gives you a long life to live. Liver transplant is important when you have an unhealthy liver.
What is cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis of the liver builds when the healthy liver tissue is damaged and replaced with the fibrosis. It happens because the pressure in the liver’s portal vein, it is the vein that supplies the blood from its normal function.
When damage tissue replaces the healthy tissue then your liver can’t able to perform the normal functions. It is caused by the early stage of the liver disease and it is unable to perform the functions.
There are several reasons to failure liver such as alcohol, high amount of fat and so on. The primaries Cirrhosis happen when bile ducts become blocked.
What causes Cirrhosis?
When the disease attacks the liver and it killed then scar tissue builds. It is also called the fibrosis. When the whole liver is scarred it is called the Cirrhosis. Any kind of disease that affects the liver for a longer period of time it becomes the Cirrhosis. Some of the common reasons to happen Cirrhosis are viruses, a heavy amount of alcohol, the huge amount of fat, toxic attacks from the drugs and inherited the disease
It has many reasons for cirrhosis such as heavy consumption of alcohol, chronic hepatitis c and so on. Many people have more than one reason to have cirrhosis.
How does Cirrhosis affect the body?
It is hard to notice the symptoms of the Cirrhosis which aren’t noticeable. You may start experiencing the following things.
- Loss of brain function
- Swelling of legs
- Weight Loss
- Abnormal Pain
- Spider-like blood vessel
- Failure of the kidney
- Severe Itching
- Loss of muscle mass.
How is Cirrhosis treated?
There is no cure for the Cirrhosis but there are some medicines available to treat some underlying causes such as hepatitis C, and helps to prevent the extra damage.
If you are suffering from the cirrhosis and want to maintain the healthy lifestyle then you can do following things.
- You need to eat the balanced diet
- You need to totally avoid the use of alcohol
- You need to stay connected with your doctors
There are also things that you need to take care of such as bleeding, yellow color to the skin, fever, confusion and abnormal swelling.